Black Youth Theatre Intensive
Soulpepper, in partnership with the Lifelong Leadership Institute, invites you to spend six weeks discovering Black history all over Ontario and creating with theatre professionals and a small group of participants in a rigorous virtual intensive.
Applicants must have attended the info session to apply to the program.
We are looking for participants for the Black Youth Theatre Intensive: A Summer Mixtape who:
- Are between the ages of 14-20 who identity as Black
- Live in Ontario
- Are interested in the performing arts and expressing themselves creatively
- Are interested in exploring Black History in Ontario
- Will commit to all of the workshop dates and times listed below
- Are able to commit a few additional hours a week for extra individual creation time
No theatre/performance experience necessary!
FREE! There is no cost to the program.
July 12, 2021 – August 20, 2021
Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays 12:00 – 3:00 PM
- Easily accessible theatre programming for those interested in learning about storytelling and performance
- Workshops on Black history in Ontario
- Mentorship from artists, including Lead Facilitator Marcel Stewart
- Dedicated space for Black youth to have their voice heard
Online – participants must live in Ontario.
Applications are now closed.
If you need assistance or require accommodation during the application or selection process, we will work with you to address your needs. Information related to accommodations will be confidential.
For further information please contact Breanne Tice, Education Assistant at email@example.com