We are excited to launch the Creator's Bootcamp to be held between Nov 24-26 as part of Soulpepper's groundbreaking Her Words Festival. 15 early career women and gender non-binary creators will participate in a 3-day bootcamp that will take their technical skills to the next level and introduce them to new peers and collaborators. Initiated to support the artistic growth of a new generation of women and gender non-binary creators, our bootcamp is a unique opportunity to learn from Soulpepper artists and industry professionals, build confidence in the rehearsal room, and make bold art!
Submissions now open - apply via the form below!
WHO IS THE CREATOR's BOOTCAMP FOR?
Soulpepper is seeking applicants who are:
- Early-career women and gender non-binary theatre creators
- Looking for hands-on theatre and performance training from industry professionals
- Interested in collaboration and creation accross numerous roles (directing, writing, performance, dramaturgy, design)
- Able to commit 100% to all the dates and times of the program
There is no cost to participate. The deadline to apply is Sunday, November 12 at 11:59 PM.
Friday, Nov 24:
Meet & Greet (6:00 PM)
Sympathy for the Devil (7:30 PM)
Saturday, Nov 25:
Performance Masterclass with Martha Burns (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM)
Directing Masterclass with Weyni Mengesha (1:00 PM - 3:00 PM)
Table for Two Reading by Akosua Amo-Adem (3:30 PM - 5:00 PM)
Sunday, Nov 26:
Playwriting Masterclass with Erin Shields (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM)
Dramaturgy Masterclass with Joanna Falck (1:00 PM - 3:00 PM)
Design Masterclass with Shannon Lea Doyle (3:30 - 5:30 PM)
Fresh Ink Sharing (6:00 PM)
Soulpepper Theatre Company
Young Centre for the Performing Arts
50 Tank House Lane, Toronto ON, M5A 3C4
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit a video introducing themselves (max 5 minutes, unlisted on YouTube) and answering the prompts below.
- Introduce yourself and your artistic practice.
- Why do you want to participate in the Creator's Bootcamp? What would this opportunity mean to you?
- Is there a project you're currently working on or a seed of an idea that you would like to develop further?
- Which aspects of creation are you interested in, and which would you like to learn more about?
If you require accommodations regarding the application process, or have any questions, please email Ahlam Hassan, Education Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Support: Ontario Arts Council, Toronto Arts Council, Canada Council for the Arts