Student Group Discount Pricing
+ PRICE $11.44
+ SERVICE CHARGE $2.50
+ FACILITY FEE $3.75
+ HST $2.31
= TOTAL $20
- Each student group receives one complimentary ticket for every fourteen student tickets purchased to be used by an accompanying chaperone. It is required that there be chaperones supervising all student groups attending performances.
- A maximum of 5 additional Adult tickets may be purchased at the $20 school group rate for groups with more adults than complimentary chaperone tickets. Please note the number of adults at the time of your booking.
- The student group discount is available to student groups for all Soulpepper Mainstage Performances and Concerts (both evening and matinee) based on availability.
STUDENT GROUPS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To obtain the student group discount, your group must:
- Consist of full-time students 30 years of age and under attending an educational institution.
- Consist of a minimum of 14 students.
- Be organized by an educator or administrator representing the educational institution.
BOOKING, BILLING & PAYMENT POLICIES
Provided that your group meets the Student Group Terms and Conditions, you may book your tickets by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the Soulpepper Student Group booking line at 416.203.6264 x.135. For your booking convenience, we encourage you to book your tickets as soon as possible and have the following information confirmed at the time of your booking:
- Performance date and time
- Teacher name
- Teacher’s phone number
- Number of students
- Number of teacher/parent chaperones
- Preferred method of payment (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, School Cheque, or by Electronic Funds Transfer*)
- Any accessibility needs that our team should be aware of.
*For more information about how to pay by Electronic Funds Transfer please contact email@example.com
Orders cannot be processed without accurate dates and group numbers.
Once you have confirmed this information, you will be emailed an agreement with the ticket numbers, total order cost, payment deadlines and all other agreed upon details. You MUST sign the agreement and return by email or fax within 48 hours. Your order WILL NOT be processed and your seats cannot be held until the signed agreement has been received.
After the receipt of this agreement, the Soulpepper School Group Booking representative will process your order. Please note that:
- Full payment is required 14 days prior to the performance date. If the total payment has not been received within 14 days of the performance date, the order will be cancelled.
- For bookings that are occurring within 14 days of a show, the full payment is due a maximum of 2 days after the booking confirmation.
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Money Orders, School Cheques and Electronic Funds Transfer (Personal cheques or cash will not be accepted).
All current dated cheques should be made payable to:
GBSP Centre Corp
The Distillery Historic District
50 Tank House Lane
Toronto ON M5A 3C4
Attn: Soulpepper Education Department
CANCELLATION, EXCHANGE & REFUND POLICIES
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Refunds will not be issued for any unused tickets.
- We are unable to accommodate changes to school bookings or cancellations which may arise due to emergency situations such as extreme weather, “acts of God”, etc.
- If payment is not received 14 days before the performance tickets will be released and the order will be cancelled.
SCHEDULING & ARRIVALS
- If your students plan to have lunch before the performance, please make sure to let us know ahead of time so we can do our best to accommodate your group. We ask that you arrive at least one hour prior to the performance time if you will be having lunch. There is not enough time to leave the venue during the intermission. There is a café in the lobby of the Young Centre that sells light meals and refreshments.
- Latecomers may not be permitted to enter the theatre unless there is a suitable break during the performance. We advise all groups to arrive at least half an hour from the start time of the show in order to use the washrooms, distribute tickets and be seated at least 10 minutes before curtain time. Please note: late arrivals could result in missing an entire act of the performance or the entire show!
- Students who leave the theatre during the performance may not be readmitted until a suitable break in the performance or may have to watch the rest of the performance from the monitor in the lobby.
SEATING & ACCESSIBILITY
- Seats are allocated according to availability. Please notify us of specific seating needs at the time of booking.
- Tickets are NOT general admission unless indicated. Please advise students to look at the row and seat information on the ticket. If a performance is general admission the group will be notified prior to the performance date.
- Our theatre venues are wheelchair accessible. Please inform us at the time of your booking if there are any accessibility needs within your group that we should note when seating.
- Food and drinks, and the use of cell phones, or any other electronic devices are prohibited in the theatre. You will be asked to leave, and your electronic device may be confiscated. Photography is not permitted in the theatre before, during, or after the show.
- Note-taking during the performance is not permitted as it is disruptive to the actors and other patrons. Students are welcome to make notes during intermission.
- Students who are being disruptive will be escorted from the theatre by the Front of House staff and will be asked to wait in the lobby with a chaperone until the end of the performance.
- Please be advised that the Young Centre does not have a coat check available for large groups and backpacks are not permitted into the theatre unless they can fit under the student’s seat.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What if I need to book within 14 days of the performance date that I have selected?
A. You may book within 14 days of the performance; however, all bookings done within this timeframe are subject to a shorter payment deadline which will be stipulated in the Student Group Booking Agreement. A Credit Card will be required for payment and tickets will not be held until full payment is received.
Q. Where do I pick up my tickets once my payment has been processed?
A. Tickets will be held for you on the day of the performance at the Young Centre Will Call Desk.
We are located at:
Young Centre for the Performing Arts
The Distillery Historic District
50 Tank House Lane
Toronto, ON M5A 3C4
Box Office Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 1pm – 8pm
Q. Our group of students is affiliated with an educational institution but all of our students are above the age of 30. Are we eligible for a group rate?
A. Yes! Groups of 10+ receive a 20% discount. Groups of 20+ receive a 30% discount. A 10% deposit is requested upon order; and full payment 1 month out from the performance. Group Rates can be purchased by calling the Box Office at 416.866.8666
Thank you for taking the time to read this information with regards to planning your school trip to see a Soulpepper production. We hope that by providing you with this information in advance, you will have an easier time planning and facilitating your field trip. We look forward to seeing you at the theatre!
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 416.203.6264 x. 135 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
416.203.6264 x. 135