The apocalypse begins with tea. Featuring an all-female cast and crew, this remarkable interpretation of Caryl Churchill’s award winning play bends through time and space to illuminate four friends sitting in a garden, on the precipice of complete catastrophe. With wicked humour and profound prescience, master playwright Caryl Churchill (Cloud Nine) shows us a poetic world, close to devastation and closer than we think.
Approximate running time: 50 minutes with no intermission.
WINNER - BEST PLAY - WRITER'S GUILD AWARDS
Soulpepper is pleased to offer a relaxed performance for this production on Nov. 10 (2:00 PM) featuring a less restrictive audience environment and experience. Click here for more information.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION USING #spEscapedAlone
ABOUT NECESSARY ANGEL
Necessary Angel Theatre is one of English Canada’s most original theatre creation organizations. Founded in 1978 as one of the first artist driven theatre companies Necessary Angel has created over 60 productions including 30 world premieres and 11 North American premieres. Work created by Necessary Angel has been nominated for and won Governor General’s Awards for Drama Chalmers Awards for Outstanding New Play and numerous Dora Mavor Moore Awards. To learn more, visit: NecessaryAngel.com
Illustration: Marie Lafrance
Watch & Listen
- JENNIFER TARVER, Director
- TERESA PRZYBYLSKI, Set & Costume Designer
- JENNIFER LENNON, Lighting Designer
- VERNE GOOD, Sound Designer
- HEIDI STRAUSS, Movement Coach
- DIANE PITBLADO, Dialect Coach
- LIZ UPCHURCH, Vocal Coach
- KELLY MCEVENUE, Alexander Coach
- LAURIE MERREDEW, Stage Manager
- LYNETTE BLANCHARD, Assistant Stage Manager
- JORDANA WEISS, Rehearsal Assistant Stage Manager