Soulpepper’s signature youth program is back!
This summer 2023, ten selected young artists will participate in a six-week theatre and performance intensive that will inspire their creativity and support their artistic growth. City Youth Academy is a unique opportunity to learn from Soulpepper artists and industry professionals, build confidence on stage, and make art as an ensemble! APPLY NOW!
WHO IS THE CITY YOUTH ACADEMY FOR?
Soulpepper is seeking applicants who are:
- 16-19 years old and not currently enrolled in a post-secondary theatre program
- Looking for hands-on theatre and performance training from industry professionals
- Interested in collaboration and contributing to a creative ensemble
- Able to commit 100% to all the dates and times of the program
No performance experience necessary!
Additionally, participants will receive a stipend of $450/week.
10 AM – 5 PM daily between Monday, July 10 – Friday, August 18, 2023
Soulpepper Theatre Company
Young Centre for the Performing Arts
50 Tank House Lane, Toronto ON, M5A 3C4
June 4, 2023 at 11:59 PM.
Auditions: In person group auditions will be held in early June. Time slots will be provided closer to the date.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit a video introducing themselves (max 4 minutes, unlisted on YouTube) and answering the prompts below, along with the name and contact information of one referee (teacher, employer, mentor, or similar).
- Tell us about a work of art – visual, performing, or literary – that inspires you, and why.
- Why do you want to participate in the City Youth Academy? What would this opportunity mean to you?
- Which aspects of performance are you interested in, and which would you like to learn more about? This could include acting, playwriting, design, directing, music, singing, movement/dance, producing, marketing, fundraising, wardrobe, props, scenic painting, and more.
- How do you feel about working in an ensemble setting and collaborating with others? Give an example of a group project you’ve worked on.
- Do you have any special skills or talents? Show us! (Optional)
If you require accommodations regarding the application process, or have any questions, please email Ahlam Hassan, Education Coordinator: email@example.com
We encourage applications from youth belonging to underrepresented and historically marginalized communities.
LEAD SPONSOR OF CITY YOUTH ACADEMY
Public Support: Ontario Arts Council, Toronto Arts Council, Canada Council for the Arts