GERMANY 2008 / USA 2012
The Trojan War is over, but for Idomeneus the greatest struggle awaits his return – a crucible of the soul. A chorus weaves fates and stories into a wrenching lyrical epic from one of Europe’s most exciting contemporary playwrights.
Approximate running time: 70 minutes with no intermission.
Director Alan Dilworth put together some background notes about the Greek mythology of Idomeneus, read it here.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION USING #spIdomeneus
Soulpepper is pleased to offer live ASL interpretation for select performances of this production.
March 20, 8:00 PM (Talk Back following the performance)
March 23, 8:00 PM
© Roland Schimmelpfennig c/o S Fischer Verlag GmbH, Frankfurt am Main. All rights reserved.
WARNING: Without limitation, any unauthorised radio or television broadcasting, or any other diffusion, public performance, editing, lending, exchanging, renting, hiring, exhibiting copying or recording thereof in any manner whatsoever or otherwise dealing with this excerpt recording in whole or in part will constitute an infringement of copyright.
Soulpepper Theatre Company’s license to present Roland Schimmelpfennig’s play IDOMENEUS is granted by Rosica Colin Limited, London, working in conjunction with S Fischer Verlag, Frankfurt.
Watch & Listen
- ALAN DILWORTH, Director
- GREGORY PREST, Assistant Director
- LORENZO SAVOINI, Set, Lighting & Video Designer
- GILLIAN GALLOW, Costume Designer
- DEBASHIS SINHA, Sound Designer
- MICHELLE TRACEY, Assistant Video Designer
- MONICA DOTTOR, Choreographer
- KELLY MCEVENUE, Alexander Coach
- ROBERT HARDING, Production Stage Manager
- MARINDA DE BEER, Stage Manager
- LUCIA CORAK, Assistant Stage Manager
- ROSALIE VISSERS, ASL Interpreter
- MONIQUE LEDREW, ASL Interpreter
- ANITA SMALL, Cross-Cultural Consultant
- JOANNE CRIPPS, ASL Coach