When justice locks you up, what sets you free? Gripping from start to finish, two notorious men await trial for murder, only to discover justice and goodness where it is least expected. Pulitzer Prize-winner Stephen Adly Guirgis delivers an uncompromising drama about contradiction, contrition, and hypocrisy.
Approximate running time: 2 hours and 15 minutes, including one 20-minute intermission.
Note: The play deals with mature themes and contains the use of graphic language and distressing imagery. Please contact the Box Office if you have any questions. This production uses herbal cigarettes.
February 4 - following the performance of Jesus Hopped The 'A' Train, Artistic Director Weyni Mengesha moderates a post show conversation with those on the frontlines of Canada’s justice system, Annamaria Enenajor, Faisal Mirza, and Emily Lam.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION USING #spJesusHopped
Xavier Lopez. Season Art Direction by SOS. Photography by Danielle Matar
Watch & Listen
- WEYNI MENGESHA, Director
- ANAHITA DEHBONEHIE, Assistant Director
- KEN MACKENZIE, Set Designer
- SHANNON LEA DOYLE, Costume Designer
- KEVIN LAMOTTE, Lighting Designer
- JOHN GZOWSKI, Sound Designer
- SIMON FON, Fight Director
- ALICIA RICHARDSON, Dialect Coach
- KELLY MCEVENUE, Alexander Coach
- ASHLEY IRELAND, Stage Manager, Fight Captain
- ADA AGUILAR, Assistant Stage Manager