Chicago in the 1920s is a city on a collision course with change, and the Blues are the battleground. In August Wilson’s masterpiece a routine music recording session becomes the front line for issues of race, power, and opportunity.
Note: This production contains mature language and content, haze effects, and the use of herbal cigarettes.
Approximate running time: 2 hours & 30 minutes. There will be one 20 minute intermission.
NEW YORK DRAMA CRITICS’ CIRCLE AWARD FOR BEST AMERICAN PLAY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION USING #spMaRainey
Watch & Listen
- MUMBI TINDYEBWA OTU, Director
- KEN MACKENZIE, Set & Lighting Designer
- ALEXANDRA LORD, Costume Designer
- MIKE ROSS, Sound Designer & Music Director
- SIMON FON, Fight Director
- ESIE MENSAH, Movement Coach
- SIOBHAN RICHARDSON, Intimacy Coach
- DIANA BRAITHWAITE, Blues & Cultural Consultant
- ALICIA RICHARDSON, Dialect Coach
- KELLY MCEVENUE, Alexander Coach
- DARRAGH PARSONS, Stage Manager
- SAM HALE, Assistant Stage Manager