Wildfire, a new play by Judith Thompson with the RARE ensemble, explores the boundaries of love for people with visible differences, and the ways in which they struggle with societal judgement. When a millennial male with Down syndrome falls for someone who does not have Down syndrome, questions are raised about exploitation, ethics, and the nature of love. Performed by the cast of 2013’s ground-breaking RARE, Wildfire is a blend of confession, heartbreak, and joy.
General Admission Seating
ODSP Accessible Tickets are available for $25 for all performances. Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) ID required at ticket pick-up.
Watch & Listen
- JUDITH THOMPSON, Creator and Director
- DENIS HUNEAULT-JOFFRE, Costume Designer
- KAILEIGH KRYSZTOFIAK, Lighting Designer
- VICTORIA CARR, Composer and Musician
- ALLEN KAEJA, Choreographer
- KAREN KAEJA, Choreographer
- CLAIRE SHENSTONE-HARRIS, Script Coordinator
- NICK HUTCHESON, Producer
- SARAH MILLER, Production Stage Manager
- KATHLEEN JONES, Assistant Stage Manager
- BRETT HAYNES, Set Designer