IN-THE-SCHOOLS FREE PROGRAMS
ESL In-The-Schools Program
The ESL In-The-Schools Program supports English Language Learners (ELLs) with language acquisition, communicative confidence and cultural adjustment through creative performing arts experiences in the classroom, encouraging community building and collaboration in school and the greater Toronto community.
- Supports community partnership opportunities in Toronto high schools
- Helps address the literacy needs of ELL students in a fun and engaging way
- Provides quality arts experiences that offer enhanced opportunities for social interaction and language feedback
- Enriches the academic, social and cultural experiences of newcomer youth
- Celebrates inclusive and diverse communities in schools and in the city.
The Soulpepper ESL In-The-Schools Program is generously supported by TD Securities Underwriting Hope Fund.
(NEW) Play Creation Lab In-the-Schools Program
Through the development of new work and artistic collaboration, the Soulpepper community celebrates the voices of our nation while contributing to the canon of Canadian theatre. The Play Creation Lab In-The-Schools Program aims to provide young people in our community with the same opportunity: to learn about the play development process from experienced theatre professionals, giving voice to their stories and developing their skills as storytellers.
Over a four to six week period, with sessions once or twice a week, artists guide students through the play development process, with exercises in improvisation, writing, collective creation and performance.
The Play Creation Lab In-The-Schools Program is generously sponsored by The Chawkers Foundation.