HER WORDS FESTIVAL
Co-Production with Harbourfront Centre
A hybrid, in-person and virtual festival of new works-in-progress from Canada’s most exciting female playwrights and emerging voices, as well as candid Community Conversations with industry leaders. Her Words puts women front and centre, discussing the future of playwrighting from the female lens.
Friday, OctOBER 15
Saturday, OctOBER 16
Sunday, October 17
Friday, October 22
Saturday, October 23
Sunday, October 24
Her Words is supported by Soulpepper Supporting Top Women. It is also an initiative within Project imagiNation which is supported by BMO Financial Group and Kevin and Roger Garland. The Community Conversations are supported by TD Bank.
Statistics show that women playwrights are underrepresented throughout our national cultural cannon of works that are published and produced. This means their voices go unheard, and their stories go untold. We are deeply committed to representing equality, diversity and inclusion, both on and off our stages at Soulpepper.- Weyni Mengesha & Emma Stenning
- Full Vaccination: In compliance with Mandatory Provincial Requirements, proof of full vaccination (two doses plus 14 days) will be required for attendance by all patrons, artists, and staff at the Her Words Festival.
- Face Masks: Patrons and staff will be required to wear masks at all times.
- Reduced Contact: As much as possible, interactions between staff and patrons will be contactless. This includes ticket scanning, box office transactions, and health screenings. Staff will be equipped with masks to keep patrons safe.
- Physical Distancing: Seating is be set in pods to maintain physical distance between parties.
- Sanitation: Hand sanitizing stations will be available. All high-touch surfaces will be sanitized both prior to and following each performance.
Please do not attend if you have a fever or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending, or if you have had close contact with anyone suspected or confirmed of having COVID-19. The City of Toronto's current Public Health regulations must be followed.